Saab Royale Kipeto is the place that comes into mind when someone talks of a hidden gem. I learnt of the place through their Instagram Sponsored Adverts. It is located in Kipeto a place not heavily inhabited. It is one of those places that you visit and wander when you’ll finally get there because there is no much life around just bare flat land and a rough unending road.
It’s a sister hotel to Saab Royale Hotel in South C. The most striking bit about this place is the architecture, very unique. The design of the buildings makes the whole lot difference. There is a hill top point in the resort that gives a 360 aerial view.
They have these outdoor hanging egg chairs which are picture perfect with a background of the far bare land.
Their dining area has nice and simple minimalist decor.
There is a man made waterfall which brings some tranquility as one walks around with a touch of Kitengela Glass hanging on a tree. They also have organic passion and tree tomato fruits growing in the Resort.
For the rooms the beds are really big making such a statement.The rooms are quite spacious too.
Outside the rooms they have some really relaxed chill out zone, those you just use to get lost in a book and the fresh air.
We tried out their steam bath and that was the most relaxing thing with the scent of jasmine. This is a must try while there.
This place won’t disappoint. It is a good escape from the city .
- Coffee start from 200 Kenyan Shillings I especially liked their mint tea.
- Fresh juices and desserts start from 400 Kenyan Shillings .
- Main Course meals start from 900 Kenyan Shillings for meals such as Indian Chicken Pilau
|Swimming||They have heated pool|
|Indoor Games||Pool, Darts, Table Tennis|
|Steam and Sauna Baths|
Sunset watching is a thing to do… especially at the pool area.
Above is a map showing how to get there from Nairobi. The key landmark is the Telecom Mast.
By private means:
I like the fact that one can do a 360 round trip. From town using Nairobi -Kajiado Highway then branch off to Kipeto and go back using Kiserian -Rongai route. I really like such trips. You can easily get lost as their numbers don’t go through because of network issues in as much as they have a map. Keep asking the locals for the telcom mast. – The road is still under construction so rough road and dust is common. It is very scenic road trip.
Click here for google map directions
By public means:
- Board a Matatu to Kiserian from Nairobi Railways Stage at 100 Kenyan Shillings.
- From Kiserian take an Uber to Saab Royale Kipeto. (It is quite a distance and might cost around 1,000 Kenyan Shillings)
RATES IN KENYAN SHILLINGS
|Sharing Deluxe Single/Double||23,000|
- High speed WiFi
- Steam room
- swimming pool
- complimentary tea making facilities
- mini fridge
- hair dryer
Swimming is complimentary for in-house guests but visitors pay 1,500 Kenyan Shillings and 1,000 Kenyan Shillings for kids.
Spa Bath is 500 Kenyan Shillings which is a must try and they provide towels.
BUDGET DAY TRIP PACKAGE
- Transport: From Nairobi to Kiserian: 100 Kenyan Shillings
- Kiserian to Kipeto(Uber): 1,000 Kenyan Shillings
- Meals: 1,000 Kenyan Shillings
- Swimming: 1,500 Kenyan Shillings
- Spa Bath: 500 Kenyan Shillings